- Steve joined Presidio in 2014 to lead the firm’s Washington, D.C. office alongside Brian Pierson. He brings over 25 years of experience and broad expertise working with high-net-worth individuals and families. Prior to Presidio, Steve was an executive director of Convergent Wealth Advisors’ ultra-high net worth group and before that he served as vice president and relationship manager of Atlantic Trust Private Wealth Management. Steve began his career practicing law for eleven years, most recently as a partner with a boutique estate planning firm in Florida. Steve received his Bachelor’s degree in accounting from Emory University and his law degree and LL.M. in estate planning from the University of Miami. He is a CFP® professional. He was also recognized by SmartCEO as Top Money Manager in Washington, D.C. (2012).
Stephen J. Aucamp
- Bill leads the firm’s Software, Internet & Technology Banking practice. He has responsibility for executing M&A Advisory assignments and Equity Capital Raising assignments. Bill has two decades of financial and strategic advisory experience in San Francisco, New York, Paris and Chicago. Bill has been the lead banker on over 60 completed transactions raising over $6 billion for selling shareholders and for company growth capital. Previously, Bill was an investment banker at BancAmerica Securities, Montgomery Securities, Robertson Stephens & First Chicago. Bill has sat on the boards of several companies and not-for-profit organizations. He earned his B.A. from the University of Colorado and his M.B.A. from the Graduate School of Business at the University of Chicago.
Managing Director, Head of Technology-Enabled Business Services Group
- Karl joined Presidio in 2007 to launch the firm’s first private equity fund, which focuses on mid-market tech-enabled services, financial services, and medical products and services. While at Presidio, Karl has served in operating roles as CEO in the financial services and tech-enabled services industries. Prior to Presidio, Karl was a private equity investor with Blum Capital Partners, Silver Lake Partners and The Blackstone Group. While at these firms, Karl spent the majority of his time investing in the three target industries represented by Presidio Investors Fund I and Fund II. Karl serves on the boards of several firms including Hattrick Sports Group, Metropolitan BancGroup and The Presidio Group. Karl is an alumnus of Claremont McKenna College and Harvard Business School.
CEO, Managing Director
- Brodie founded Presidio in late 1997 with the simple goal of bringing transparent advice to entrepreneurs and the lifecycle of their wealth building process. To that end, he formed three different business groups within Presidio that addresses each part of that lifecycle: private equity, investment banking, and wealth advisory. Brodie was the firm’s CEO until the beginning of 2014 when he assumed the Executive Chairman role. In this role he spends his time helping various parts of the firm as well as chairing the firm’s Board of Directors. Specifically, he spends much of his time with the Auto Investment Banking Group and certain clients in the Wealth Advisory Group. Prior to Presidio, Brodie was with Montgomery Securities, First Boston Corporation, and Security Pacific Bank. He earned and MBA from the University of Texas and B.A. degree from Tulane University. He competed for a spot on the US Olympic Team in 1988 and still races sailboats and bicycles. He is married with three daughters.
Brodie L. Cobb
Founder, Executive Chairman
- Since joining The Presidio Group in 2004, Bruce has been responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining investment portfolios for high-net-worth families and individuals. His performance in this role has been recognized by Barron’s magazine, who have named him one of America’s Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors for the last seven years. Prior to Presidio, Bruce was a managing director at Montgomery Securities and Bank of America Securities. Bruce is a frequent speaker at industry events and has been published in the Wall Street Journal. He earned his M.B.A. from the Stanford Graduate School of Business and his B.S. degree from Stanford University.
- As an associate on the Technology-enabled Business Services team, Katie focuses on M&A and capital raising advisory services to high-growth, privately-held Internet and SaaS companies. Prior to joining Presidio in 2010, Katie was an equity research associate at CanaccordGenuity covering medium and large cap companies in the data center infrastructure sector with an emphasis on communications equipment and data storage companies. Ms. Benson started her career as an equity research associate at Thomas Weisel Partners on the consumer hardlines team with an emphasis on the automotive retailing and auction industries. Katie holds FINRA Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 licenses. She earned her B.S. degree in business administration from Washington University in St. Louis (Olin Business School) in 2006.
- James joined The Presidio Group as the primary relationship manager for our investment banking clients. During his more than 30-year career in the automotive industry, he has worked on both the retail and manufacturer sides, developing deep relationships throughout the U.S. and Canada. Prior to Presidio, James led product planning for Toyota in North America and was also part of the Lexus launch team. James was an operating partner in a number of successful dealerships and worked with Joe Gibbs Racing, Southeast Toyota distributors, and the Wolfington Companies in a variety of automotive opportunities. James earned his B.A. in economics from the University of Cincinnati.
- Colin runs our wealth advisory team in Dallas and is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining investment portfolios for high-net-worth families. Colin spent over five years with Merrill Lynch in the Private Wealth Advisory Group and ten years with Goldman Sachs & Co. in their Private Advisory Services Group. He received his undergraduate degree in economics from Duke University and his M.B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin. Colin is a CFA charter holder member of the CFA Institute in Dallas. For six years, Colin has been honored as one of America’s Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors as identified by Barron’s (2009-2014).
- Barry joined Presidio in 2007. Previously, he was CFO of Chipcon Group prior to its $200 million acquisition by Texas Instruments in early 2006, and post-acquisition served as General Manager of Low Power Wireless Software. Barry also was the Founding CEO of Figure 8 Wireless, which merged with Chipcon in 2005. Prior to founding Figure 8, he served as Vice President at Widcomm (acquired by Broadcom). Barry was also an investor at Chase Capital Partners (now CCMP Capital), where he executed private and growth equity investments. Prior to Chase Capital Partners, he worked on corporate finance and M&A transactions in the Investment Banking Group of Merrill Lynch & Co., in both the US and Asia. Barry is the Executive Chairman of Hattrick Sports Group Ltd. and prior to this he served as the interim-CEO of the company. He also serves on the Board of Directors of I.D.S. Intelligent Data Systems (Canada) and IFG Network. Barry graduated magna cum laude from Macalester College in St. Paul, MN, and received an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School.
Head of Private Equity, Managing Director
- Josef joined Presidio in 2013 and is a Vice President in the private equity group. Prior to Presidio, Josef worked as an Associate at a German private equity fund, targeting the lower middle market. He also held a Manager position in KPMG’s Restructuring group, where he focused on turnarounds in the technology and energy sectors. Josef served on the Board of Directors of Lindora prior to the company sale in 2015. He holds an M.B.A. from the University of California, Berkeley and earned his Bachelor in Business Administration from the Vienna University of Business Administration and Economics.
- Doug joined Presidio in 2014 as a senior consultant to the Auto and Truck group. Before joining Presidio, Doug was the West Region Chief Financial Officer for Group 1 Automotive, where he managed the financial and administrative support organization for all Group 1 California dealerships. Prior to Group 1, he was a vice president and CFO for a private dealer group, Miller Automotive, with Japanese franchises in Southern California. Doug began his career at Arthur Young & Co., a big 8 accounting firm. Doug is a CPA and earned his B.S. in accounting from the University of Southern California. Outside the office, Doug can be found on the golf course or competing in amateur road races.
- Erik’s relationship with Presidio began in 2009 as a client of the firm. He joined Presidio in 2013 to create the Silicon Valley Team, advising entrepreneurs and tech leaders with their investments. Erik has more than 25 years of business experience raising funds, launching businesses, and developing strategies. He has spent the majority of his career working in leadership positions with technology companies innovating new ways of doing business. Erik holds a B.A. from the University of Virginia and an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School. He currently sits on the boards of CUPP Computing (mobile data security company), Uformia (3D software company), and Summer Search. Through his company, The Cotton Mountain Group, he makes angel investments in technology start-ups and invests in real estate.
- Duc joined Presidio in 2014 as an investment banking analyst, focusing on the Technology-enabled Business Services group. Prior to joining Presidio, Duc worked in investment banking at Shasta Partners. Duc earned his M.A. in International economics and finance in 2014 and B.A. in economics and business in 2012 from Brandeis University.
- Lawrence joined The Presidio Group in 2015 as an investment banking associate with the Auto and Truck group. Prior to Presidio, Lawrence was an investment banker at Stifel Nicolaus for two years where he served on dozens of transactions for over $1 billion in value. Before his finance career, he worked as an entrepreneur and as a consultant. Lawrence previously founded a limousine service, which he sold in a strategic disposition. He also designed a performance scorecard solution for ADP Dealer Services (now CDK Global) to provide real-time Dealer Management System feedback. Lawrence earned his M.B.A. from the University of California, Berkeley and his B.B.A. from the University of Michigan. Lawrence has refurbished a 1980 Ferrari 308 GTSi and enjoys keeping up with vintage autos. He is also an avid baseball fan.
- Stephen joined Presidio in 2013 bringing over 27 years of investment experience to our firm. Since 1987, he has served as a trusted consultant to wealthy families and individuals developing and implementing investment strategies, including asset allocation, portfolio construction, and investment due diligence and manager selection. He began his career at Bank of America Syntex Corporation. He holds an M.B.A. in international management from Golden Gate University and a B.S. in finance from Santa Clara University. He is an alumnus of the Institute for European Studies, Vienna, Austria, where he first studied international finance.
- John joined the Presidio Group in 2015 as an investment banking analyst for the Technology-enabled Business services team. Prior to Presidio, John worked at JMI Equity, a growth equity firm focused on investing in leading software, internet, business services and healthcare IT companies, where he was responsible for due diligence on potential software company acquisitions. He studied Biochemistry and earned his B.A. in economics from the University of California San Diego in 2014.
- Jackson joined Presidio in 2014 as an associate on its wealth advisory team, where he assists in developing the professional athlete business and servicing existing clientele. Prior to Presidio, Jackson worked at the Boras Corporation as a consultant to many of the firm’s high-profile Major League Baseball clients. He began his career as a professional baseball player in the Montreal Expos organization. Following his baseball career, he was a coaching assistant to the USC baseball team from 2008-11. Jackson earned his M.B.A. from the University of Southern California Marshall School of Business and his B.S. degree in business administration from the University of California, Riverside.
- Wyatt joined Presidio in 2014 as an Associate in the cloud technology investment banking group and transitioned to the private equity group in 2015. Prior to joining Presidio Wyatt worked in the aerospace industry as a mechanical engineer for BAE Systems. After BAE he joined SolarCity, where he held roles in engineering, sales, and corporate development. Wyatt played a key role in SolarCity’s acquisition of Zep Solar. Wyatt co-founded Slice Energy, an energy efficiency and demand response company. He received an M.B.A. from the University of California, Berkeley and a B.S. in mechanical engineering from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.
- Dan joined Presidio in 2015 as an investment banking analyst. Dan’s focus is working in the Technology-Enabled Business Services team. Prior to joining Presidio, Dan played professional hockey. Dan was also an intern with Focus Acquisition Partners, where he was responsible for M&A business development and due diligence. Dan earned his B.A. in economics from Dartmouth College in 2013.
- Sam joined Presidio’s wealth advisory team in Washington D.C. in 2014. She applies her knowledge and expertise to advise on portfolio construction and asset allocation, customizing financial solutions designed to meet each client’s individual needs, goals, and wealth objectives. Prior to Presidio, Sam worked with ultra-high-net-worth individuals and families at Convergent Wealth Advisors. Sam earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Smith College. She is a member of the Investment Management Consultants Association (IMCA®).
Samantha L Dean
Jerry has been with Presidio since 2007. He serves as managing director on our wealth advisory team where he applies an extraordinary broad life experience to his work managing the portfolios of our high-net-worth client base. In 2015, Jerry was recognized as one of Barron’s Top Independent Financial Advisors in Texas. Jerry received his B.S. degree in economics from the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland and had a distinguished Navy career as an officer, F/A-18 pilot, and demonstration pilot with the Blue Angels. After the Navy he worked for Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management before joining Presidio’s Dallas team.
- Will is a partner at The Presidio Group and has over 30 years of experience in the financial services industry, initially working with institutional clients and for the last 16 years in the private client arena. Will develops, implements, and maintains investment portfolios for very wealthy individuals, families, and organizations. Will joined Presidio in 2009. He also serves on the Investment Committee. Prior to Presidio, Will spent 10 years at Bernstein Global Wealth Management in the private client arena and prior to that at L.F. Rothschild, Unterberg and Towbin and Alex Brown and Sons specifically in the institutional taxable fixed‐income arena. Will earned his B.A. degree in political science from the University of California, Berkeley. Will is a fifth generation Californian and is active outside of the office. He serves as a member of Gladstone Institutes Presidential Council (stem cell research), is on the investment committees and/or boards of the SF Day School, The Greenbelt Alliance, Reading Partners. He lives with his wife, Melinda Ellis, and three daughters in San Francisco.
- In Jocelyn’s 15 years as an investment banker at Morgan Stanley and Lehman, she worked with leading emerging companies in Silicon Valley, New York and Hong Kong. At Presidio, she continues to advise technology entrepreneurs on their personal capital goals. Many of her clients are multi-national families with complex financial lives. Prior to joining Presidio in 2013, Jocelyn launched the Silicon Valley initiative at JPMorgan private bank. Jocelyn has served on corporate and non-profit boards, including the international board of Fidelity Investments. Jocelyn graduated with a B.A. from Stanford and an M.B.A. from UCLA where she won the Dean’s Merit Fellowship.
- As an integral part of Presidio’s Washington, D.C. team, Brad assists with creating tailored financial solutions to help our clients meet their individual needs, goals and financial objectives. Brad also works with some of the more complex client relationships and advises on their portfolio construction and asset allocation. Prior to Presidio, Brad spent seven years at Convergent Wealth Advisors focusing on ultra-affluent families. Brad earned his Bachelor of Business Administration degree in finance from The George Washington University and is a CFP® professional. Brad also holds a Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) designation.
Brad M. Lackey
- Kelly joined The Presidio Group in 2004 and brings over 30 years of valuable financial services industry experience to the firm. She develops, implements and manages investment portfolios for wealthy families, individuals and their foundations, offers multigenerational investment education and assists with the navigation of philanthropic initiatives. In 2014 she was recognized by San Francisco magazine, who named her one of San Francisco’s Five Star Wealth Managers. In 2015, she was named to Barron’s List of Top Independent Financial Advisors in California, as well as selected as one of the San Francisco Business Times Most Influential Women in Bay Area Business. Prior to Presidio, Kelly worked at Morgan Stanley, Montgomery Securities, Banc of America Securities and Merrill Lynch. Kelly earned her B.S. degree in finance and management from Indiana University.
- Brian co-heads Presidio’s Washington, D.C. office alongside Steve Aucamp. He is a seasoned wealth advisor who brings his expertise to advise on all facets of our clients’ wealth management solutions. He also works closely with our clients’ external advisors, including accountants, estate attorneys, private bankers, insurance providers, and even philanthropic organizations to ensure that each client has a comprehensive and integrated wealth plan. Prior to Presidio he was a director in the advisory group of Convergent Wealth Advisors for over 12 years and began his career at NASDAQ. Brian earned his B.S. degree from the Calloway School of Business and Accountancy at Wake Forest University. He is a Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) and a Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®) designee. Brian is also a CFP® professional.
- Matt joined Presidio in 2011 as part of the wealth advisory team. His primary responsibilities include business development focused on successful technology entrepreneurs and developing, implementing, and maintaining investment portfolios. Matt previously worked at Facebook beginning in 2006 as part of the Facebook Platform Team where he worked with outside developers and their companies as well as large advertising clients to grow and build the platform. His unique background in technology has enabled him to be a valuable resource to current and prospective clients as it relates to managing their wealth and concentrated positions. Matt holds a B.A. from Dartmouth College.
Kenneth C. Wallace, Jr.
Ken joined Presidio in 2004 as a managing director on our wealth advisory team where he develops, implements, and maintains investment portfolios for high-net-worth families and individuals. Prior to joining the firm, he worked at Bank of America, the Private Bank of JP Morgan in New York and acted as director of equity capital markets for CS First Boston. He began his career at Goldman Sachs after spending four years in the U.S. Navy as an intelligence officer aboard the USS Oriskany. Mr. Wallace earned his M.B.A. from Emory University and his B.S. degree in commerce from Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia.
- As a co-founder of the Presidio Group, Jeff has tirelessly built high-performing portfolios for our diverse client base since 1997. For three years he has been recognized by Barron’s Top Independent Financial Advisors in California. Prior to Presidio, Jeff worked in the Investment Management Consulting Group at Montgomery Securities as a financial advisor and for Peter Hart Research Associates in Washington, D.C., as a research analyst. Jeff is a CFP and earned his B.A. in government from Colby College in Waterville, Maine.
- Victor joined Presidio in 2005 as an investment banker and transitioned to the private equity group in 2009. He is a Managing Director in the private equity group and is focused on growth equity investments and buyouts of middle market companies. Prior to joining the private equity team, he served in the investment banking division at Presidio, advising companies on corporate finance transactions and mergers & acquisitions. Previously, he held corporate strategy, finance and accounting roles at GreenPoint Mortgage and PricewaterhouseCoopers. Victor serves on the Board of Directors of I.D.S. Intelligent Data Systems (Canada). He previously served on the board of Lindora. Victor also serves on the Board of Directors of East Bay Asian Youth Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing youth enrichment services in lower income neighborhoods. He received a B.S. from the University of California, Berkeley, a Master of Business Taxation from the University of Southern California, and an M.B.A. from the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan.
- Trevor is a Vice President in the private equity group. Prior to Presidio, Trevor served as an Investment Banking Associate at both Credit Suisse and JMP Securities where he advised healthcare companies in public equity offerings, private financings, and M&A transactions. He previously worked as a scientist for multiple healthcare companies including Semprus Biosciences (acquired by Teleflex), Novartis and Chiron. While at Semprus, he played a key role in inventing novel biomedical materials, developing intellectual property strategy, and managing lab operations. Trevor also founded The Kisimiri Project, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving healthcare outcomes in rural areas of Tanzania. He received an M.B.A. from Boston University, an M.S. in Polymer Science and a B.S. in Chemistry from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.
- Antonio’s primary responsibilities include asset-liability modeling, money manager due diligence and selection, risk management and portfolio structuring. Prior to joining Presidio in 2008, he worked at Bridgewater Associates where he advised institutional clients on portfolio construction and asset-liability management. He is a CFA charterholder and a member of the CFA Society of San Francisco. Antonio holds an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School and a liberal arts B.A. summa cum laude from the University of Texas at Austin.
- Anthony joined us in 2012. His responsibilities include money manager due diligence and selection, risk management, and portfolio structuring. Prior to Presidio, he was an analyst at Dunlap Equity Management and worked at GE Capital, where he underwrote LBO transactions across multiple industries and was a graduate of the Financial Management Program. He is a CFA charterholder and a member of the CFA Society of San Francisco. Anthony earned his M.B.A. from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University and his B.A. in economics with honors from Stanford University.
Senior Investment Analyst
- Sarah joined Presidio in 2014 to support the investment group with asset-liability modeling, money manager due diligence and selection, risk management, and portfolio structuring. She earned her B.A. in philosophy and psychology from Colgate University.
- Pablo is responsible for asset-liability modeling, money manager due diligence and selection, risk management, and portfolio structuring at The Presidio Group. He came to us from the Walt Disney Company in 2007 where he managed equity allocations for their retirement plan. Prior to that, he was a fixed income analyst for Trust Company of the West and a private equity analyst for GM’s pension plan. Pablo earned his M.B.A. from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and his B.A. degree in economics magna cum laude from the Universidad de San Andres.
Pablo D. Ferreri
- Mark leads the investment team responsible for asset-liability modeling, money manager due diligence and selection, risk management and portfolio management. He joined us in 2001 after working as an investment consultant with Watson Wyatt. He is a CFA charter holder and a member of the CFA Institute and the San Francisco Analysts Society. Mark earned his M.B.A. from the University of California, Berkeley and his B.A. degree in economics from Pomona College.
Mark D. Guinney
Head of the Investment Team
- At The Presidio Group, Jacob is responsible for asset-liability modeling, money manager due diligence and selection, risk management, and portfolio structuring. He joined us in 2011 after the American Red Cross, where he was an endowment investment manager, and Hall Capital Partners, where he focused on private real asset investments. He earned his M.B.A. from the MIT Sloan School of Management, and his B.S. degree in economics-management science from the University of California, San Diego.
Jacob D. Levy